Sunday, August 3, 2008

Does AutoCool Cool Your Car Down?

The honest answer is a big NO.

In the commercial, they showed that if you park your car under the sun, chances are when you get inside it, it feels you are sitting in a 100 degrees oven. The commercial even shows an egg getting cooked on the dashboard.

With AutoCool, you won’t have to worry about the heat anymore. Just slide it on one of your windows and voila the fan will spin letting cool breeze in and hot air out. For a small amount of approximately $20, you have a portable car aircon.

I’m going straight to the point here: The item doesn’t live to the expectation.

1. The fan spins only when it is under direct sunlight.

2. The fan spins not hard enough. It won’t even move a paper.

3. The case is fragile. Mishandling will break it apart.

The item is a good “thesis” idea for a college student. And the end product is a combination of pile of select plastic junk encasing an electrical wiring attached to a small fan with the hope that it would cool something as big as a car.

It wouldn’t. I used it in my car parked it under the sun. I checked it after couple of hours, I couldn’t feel any difference. I can cook a bacon inside my car. I’m almost positive that AutoCool will melt if left under the sun unattended.

So my suggestion to keep your car cool is to block the sun by putting shades in your windshield. Leaving the front windows a little bit open will somehow let the hot air out.

Keep your $20. Buy something to eat or watch a movie instead.

No comments: