Thursday, September 18, 2008

Flickr Pro: Good Deal?

Flickr is an excellent online picture storage. It is free and it allows you to organize your photos in an efficient manner. However, being a free online tool, it has a major disadvantage: LIMITATIONS. You can only upload picture up to a certain file size limit.

Which I hated, because I love flickr.

Fortunately, there's an option to upgrade to PRO service. Which means your photostream (or simply photos) can be unlimited! Of course there's a fee of $24.95 for a year.

Is it good?

Well, you have to consider your usage. Do you upload pictures almost everyday? Is taking photos part of your job? Is it a hobby? Do you want your pics available to all your friends online? Do you want to know photographers who use the same camera as yours?

If your answer is a staggering YES, then go for it! It will make your life easier!

Think of it this way: are you willing to shell out $2 a month to improve your digital photography storage? I think it is not a bad deal. What is $2, right? I signed up for a PRO and I never regretted it.

Flickr PRO took a huge burden out of my back and now, I never worry about making photo albums for my sites. Flickr does the work for me.

No comments: