Saturday, December 12, 2009

My new Website for my Hobby

As I expand my latest hobby that is photography, I decided to build a website that will allow me to document my progress.

Choosing a name for a site isn't always easy, especially if you also intend to use it for business later on. I wanted my site to be easy to remember and at the same time, will represent what I do and what I am.

Welcome to PhotograPens.com...

Now the etymology:

Obviously, the "Photogra" portion stands for Photography. Pretty much self-explanatory. The "Pens" part is intended with pun.

"Pens" means writing, or in this case blogging. My objective is not limited to snapping and taking pictures... I also plan to write about the moments and memories captured by my camera.

There's also an anecdote attached to it which I am going to tell in a short concise sentence: my wife likes calling me "Pens" which is short for my surname "Pensoy".

My hobby + my wife's term of endearment to me = photograpens.com ... sounds good to me.

If you are interested to know, I plan to go the "event photography" route. Portraiture also interests me, so I also got myself a nice prime lens (Nikon 50mm f/1.8).

Excuse me, I'll just step out to practice my shots. ;)

No comments: