Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First roommate fight

Post contributed by Hilton Miranda

I just moved in with my best friend. She has a crappy apartment with no amenities, but the location is great. I am so excited to live with her, but not excited about the place. So far we agree on everything. It has been a great roommate match. However, she is a big reader and before I moved in didn’t even have basic cable. I can’t imagine living without cable.

This has become our first disagreement.

I looked up all the options at www.ExpertSatellite.com and presented them to her in a very professional way. I was trying my hardest to avoid an argument. What it came down to was that she didn’t want to spend the money. I understand everyone has a different budget and different priorities. Honest, I get it. However, this is a priority to me. So the end result was me paying for it all. I am fine with that. She doesn’t use it and I am the one that wanted it. All-in-all, we made it past our first fight and we are still doing great. I am still excited about our living situation and I am excited about all the fun we are going to have as best friends and roomies!

No comments: