Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Columbus Day! Many state and local government are closed today. Some public schools are closed and some Catholic schools have the option to close. Post offices are closed, so don't wait for the mailman to deliver your mail! :P

As a teacher, I am enjoying this free day! It means rest, rest, rest before indulging again to the world of teaching and kids -- which is both happy and stressful.

This day-off also allows professionals like me to do errands like laundry, keeping the house (or room) tidy, and other house chores. I might do the laundry later, as I am running out of pants for work.

Here in Journal Square, JC, it seems peaceful and quiet. Metered parking must be full, as JC Parking Authority is closed as well. Meaning, it's free to park anywhere allowed!

What about you? How are you spending this holiday? Are you going out to buy something?

Speaking of which, there might be sale or discount in the stores today. I might drop by to peek, will buy if I see something interesting. Other than that, I'm just spending the day resting, running errands, and preparing for work this week.

Before I end this, I wish you all a Happy Columbus Day! Hope you are having a great time!

Till next post...

No comments: